Saturday 7 September 2013

Welcome!

I thought I would start this page as a way of giving you a glimpse into life inside our fabulous Casa. Your children are absolutely amazing beings and I'm honoured to spend each day with them. I get to see their struggles and triumphs as they learn new skills, I hear the funny conversations they have with their peers, I wipe their tears when they are upset and best of all, I get to be encompassed by their wonderful spirits all day long.

Our days together at school are full: full of laughs, full of fun, full of learning and full of little moments that I just don't always get to share with you. I'm hoping this blog can help to bridge that gap and fill in a few of the mysteries that I'm sure you have about your child's life at school and about Montessori in general. 

For those of you who are going onto your second year of having your child in my class, you already know that I'm passionate about Montessori education. I want this blog to also spread more information to you about the philosophy, the materials, your child's development and why we (as in Montessorians) do what we do, the way we do it. 

With week one under our belt I think it's time we get this year started! Shall we?

Miss Kate
"Of all things, love is most potent." Maria Montessori

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Kate - I'm looking forward to reading more in the coming months - as a parent I so appreciate your dedication and willingness to share your insights in this way. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea Kate. I am thrilled to be able to be more connected to Olina's classroom, thank-you so much. K

    ReplyDelete